I got the following information from a prayer site for Terri Schiavo:
- Terri Schiavo is not in a coma, not in a persistent vegetative state (PVS), and not dying.
- Terri is facing a court-imposed death by starvation because she has suffered brain damage that has left her severely disabled.
- Terri Schiavo’s life is not supported by oxygen, a ventilator, or other machines.
- Terri Schiavo’s physical life is sustained by food and fluids, tube-fed, while you and I are spoon-fed.
- Terri is receiving minimal custodial care. Her husband, Michael Schiavo, will not allow any rehabilitation therapies.
- Several medical doctors have given sworn testimony that the evidence indicates Terri can be helped, has the potential for significant improvement, and should be given the medical therapies that have been available for many years.
- Terri Schiavo has been fighting her disability for 12 years, while her parents have been battling Terri’s husband, the law and the courts for Terri’s life.
Bottom line, this is murder and it seems it’s up to Governor Bush of Florida to stop it. Please go to the Terri’s Fight page to sign a petition and get Bush’s attention.